Critical Illness Insurance helps with out-of-pocket expenses for covered illnesses like a heart attack or cancer.
If you experience a covered critical illness, the plan pays a lump-sum benefit on initial diagnosis. You select either $15,000 or $30,000 as your benefit amount and can use the money any way you choose. This benefit is in addition to other insurance coverage you may have.
- Benefits are paid directly to you (unless otherwise assigned) as a lump sum, based on diagnosis or event.
- Cover yourself, your spouse/domestic partner, and your children without answering health questions. Your covered spouse/domestic partner can have coverage of 50% of your benefit and children are automatically covered at 50% of your benefit at no additional cost.
- Additional and reoccurrence benefits are also included.
- You do not have to be terminally ill to receive the benefit.
- Includes a $50 annual Health Screening benefit that provides for certain diagnostic tests (for example, Pap smear, colonoscopy, or mammography).
To file a claim, go to the Allstate Benefits website or call (800) 521-3535. For more about filing claims, watch this video. Learn more about how to register.
For more information, read this brochure or watch this video.
Allstate Benefits provides Critical Illness Insurance. Allstate Benefits is the marketing name for American Heritage Life Insurance Company, the underwriter and a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation.