Critical Illness Insurance helps with out-of-pocket expenses as a result of covered critical illnesses. Medical coverage isn't always enough to cover all the unforeseen expenses associated with critical illnesses like a heart attack or cancer.
If you experience a covered critical illness, the plan pays a lump-sum benefit upon initial diagnosis. You select either $15,000 or $30,000 as your benefit amount and you can use the money any way you choose. The benefit is paid in addition to other insurance coverage you may have.
- Benefits are paid directly to you (unless otherwise assigned) as a lump sum, based on diagnosis or event.
- Benefits are paid in addition to any other coverage/benefits (but medical coverage is not required).
- Cover yourself, your spouse/domestic partner, and your children without answering health questions. Your covered spouse/domestic partner can have coverage of 50% of your benefit and children are automatically covered at 50% of your benefit at no additional cost.
- Additional and reoccurrence benefits are also included in the plan.
- You do not have to be terminally ill to receive the benefit.
- Includes a Health Screening benefit that provides a $50 payment per year if you get certain diagnostic tests (for example, Pap smear, colonoscopy, or mammography).
For more information, read this brochure or watch this video.
To access the claims portal, go to the Allstate Benefits website or you can call 1-800-521-3535. For information about the claims portal, watch this video.
This flyer has additional information about what the Allstate Benefits website offers and how to register.
Allstate Benefits provides Critical Illness Insurance. Allstate Benefits is the marketing name for American Heritage Life Insurance Company, the underwriter and a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation.