The Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) — Ability Assist — is a voluntary, confidential counseling program designed to assist you and your family members. You can access the EAP whenever you experience a personal, family, or work issue that may affect your health, job performance, or general well-being, and it’s FREE to you — Hertz pays the full cost.
EAP counselors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (800) 964-3577. EAP services also include up to three face-to-face emotional or work life counseling sessions per occurrence per person per year. Counseling for legal, financial, medical, and benefit-related concerns is available by phone.
There is no cost to use the EAP, although additional counseling may involve charges. EAP counselors are trained to help you handle a variety types of issues, including, but not limited to:
- Relationship issues
- Conflict management
- Child and elder care referral
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Work-life balance
- Financial and legal matters
- Stress management
- Other concerns that could affect you, your family, or your job
The Guidance Resources website offers a full range of tools and resources on behavioral health and work-life balance topics. If you’re a first-time user, click on the Register tab.
- In the Organization Web ID field, enter: HLF902
- In the Company Name field enter: ABILI and click Submit
- Select Ability Assist Program and click Submit to complete your profile and create your confidential user name and password.
Learn more about the EAP.