Your Location: USA mainland & Alaska
Your Location: Hawaii


Dollar Car Rental

Thrifty Car Rental


Your web browser is no longer supported, and you may have difficulty navigating this site.
We recommend you upgrade your browser, or install Firefox or Chrome.

Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA)

Set aside pre-tax money to help pay for out-of-pocket health care.

The Health Care Flexible Spending Account (Health Care FSA or HCFSA) allows you to set aside money to pay for eligible health care expenses with pre-tax dollars. You can have a Health Care FSA regardless of whether or not you're enrolled in a Hertz medical plan.

UMR is Hertz’s Health Care FSA partner. 

Use the account to pay for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug expenses. Examples of eligible expenses include:

  • Medical and dental plan deductibles, copays, and coinsurance
  • Prescription drug copays and coinsurance
  • Certain over-the-counter drugs with a prescription
  • Vision expenses

Refer to IRS Publication 502 for more information.

Important Details

  • You may use the Health Care FSA on expenses for you and your eligible dependents.
  • You may contribute a minimum of $120 and a maximum of $2,650 annually.
  • Funds are available after you enroll.
  • You must incur eligible expenses no later than September 15 and submit for reimbursement by December 31 following the end of the prior plan year (June 30), otherwise, any remaining balance will be forfeited.

FSA Debit Cards

Everyone enrolled in the FSA receives a convenient debit card for point of service transactions for dental, vision, and prescription drug expenses. If you choose, you can pay these providers directly online. You cannot use your debit card for medical claims. You must either pay for your medical claims through auto reimbursement or through manual claims. See Submitting Claims below for more information.

You can read this guide about your FSA debit card.

Submitting Claims 

If you're enrolled in a Hertz medical plan administered by UMR and you submit a medical claim, any eligible medical expense balance that is not paid by the plan will automatically roll over and be reimbursed to you from your Health Care FSA if you have a balance in your account (this is called "auto reimbursement"). You will not have to file an FSA claim form. If you prefer to not have your claims automatically paid from your account, you can opt out of auto reimbursement.

Looking for the UHC FSA Reimbursement Claim Form? Click here.

If you're enrolled in the Consumer Health Account Plan 1 or 2, your HCFSA dollars will be automatically used after you've used all of your HRA dollars. The process works the same for anyone enrolled in Plan A or the Economy Plan.

Note that regardless of how you pay your claims, you may still need to submit documentation of your purchases. 

UMR Website

Need help on Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to register, set up direct deposit, file a claim, and more.



Plan Options

No items found.