Hospital Indemnity coverage provides financial assistance to enhance your current medical plan coverage in the event you or a covered family member is hospitalized. This may help you avoid dipping into savings or having to borrow funds to address out-of-pocket expenses that major medical insurance was never intended to cover, like transportation and meals for family members, help with child care, or time away from work.
Hospital Indemnity Insurance plan benefits include the following:
- Hospital Confinement Benefit
- Hospital Admission Benefit
- Hospital Intensive Care Benefit
- Intermediate Intensive Care Step-Down Unit
- Children are automatically covered at 50% of your benefit at no additional cost
- Coverage is guaranteed-issue (which means you may qualify for coverage without having to answer health questions)
For more information, read this brochure or watch this video.
To access the claims portal, go to the Allstate Benefits website or you can call 1-800-521-3535. For information about the claims portal, watch this video.
This flyer has additional information about what the Allstate Benefits website offers and how to register.
Allstate Benefits provides Hospital Indemnity Coverage. Allstate Benefits is the marketing name for American Heritage Life Insurance Company, the underwriter and a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation.