Basic Life Insurance
Hertz-paid life insurance provides one times your base annual pay at no cost to you.
Supplemental Life Insurance
You may purchase additional coverage of up to six times your annual base salary with Supplemental Life (up to a total of $3 million for both Basic and Supplemental coverage). Learn more about why coverage may be important for you.
Dependent Life Insurance
Coverage is also available for your spouse/domestic partner and qualifying dependent children. Contributions are made on an after-tax basis so the benefit is not taxable when you receive it.
Spouse/domestic partner coverage is guaranteed up to $50,000. Evidence of insurability (EOI) is required for coverage above $50,000. Coverage for your child(ren) in amounts of $5,000 to $15,000 is available with no EOI required.
Evidence of Insurability
Evidence of insurability is how you provide proof of good health to The Hartford.
- If you're a new hire and enroll when first eligible, you can elect coverage up to the lesser of five times your annual base pay or $300,000 without EOI.
- If you're a current employee and enroll after you are first eligible or increase your Supplemental coverage by more than one times annual base pay, EOI is required for coverage above five times annual base pay.
There are additional benefits automatically included with your life insurance:
- An online tool for drafting your will.
- Legal and emotional support for your beneficiaries after a death.
- Travel assistance and ID theft protection. The Hertz policy number is 803546.
- The Hartford's Express Pay process, which, under certain conditions will pay death claims in as little as 48 hours.
- Funeral planning advisor assistance, including cost comparison services and online tools.
Aetna Life Insurance Claims
Contact Aetna Life at (800) 523-5065 to file or follow up on a claim for a covered loss that occurred before July 1, 2019.