OptumRx manages the pharmacy benefit for all four medical plan options.
You have access to the OptumRx home delivery pharmacy and thousands of retail pharmacies, including all large national chains and many local pharmacies. To see a list of network pharmacies in your area, use the OptumRx app or visit optumrx.com. For certain drugs that you take on an ongoing basis, you'll need to fill them through Home Delivery or the 90-day retail program.
Home Delivery (Mail Order) and the 90-Day Retail Program
For maintenance medications, you have the option to fill a 90-day supply through home delivery or fill a 90-day supply at a preferred retail pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, and Walmart). You must choose one of these options for maintenance medications (those you take on an ongoing basis) and you must fill a 90-day supply or you'll pay the full cost of the medication beginning with your third fill. OptumRx will send reminder letters to you regarding this feature after each 30-day retail fill. The letter will contain helpful tips on converting your 30-day maintenance medication to a 90-day home delivery or 90-day retail prescription at a preferred retail pharmacy.
There are four ways to place a home delivery order:
- Online. Visit optumrx.com or use the OptumRx app.
- On the phone. Call 1-855-871-6277.
- Via mail. A form will be included in your welcome materials but you can also download a form from optumrx.com, complete it, and mail it with your prescription.
- Via ePrescribe. Your doctor can send an electronic prescription to OptumRx.
If you prefer, you can also fill your 90-day maintenance medications at any preferred retail pharmacy.
Specialty Pharmacy Program
Archimedes administers the specialty
medications benefit at Hertz. Archimedes is a specialty
drug services company that helps members get the best possible value from
specialty medications. This comprehensive benefit for specialty drugs
(sometimes called “biologic” drugs) is provided to all Hertz
employees and their dependents covered under the medical benefit, so you can
take advantage of scientific advances in specialty medication therapies at an
The program provides members with specialty
drug medication support and access. The program includes:
- Home delivery service for specialty drugs—for convenient, timely refills when they are needed
- Access to pharmacists with training and expertise in specialty drugs and the conditions that they treat
- Telephone access to clinicians who are available questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Financial assistance to help members with out-of-pocket costs
The program is administered by AcariaHealth
(844-484-6926) and Archimedes (888-797-8155), a specialty drug management
company. AcariaHealth will be the primary specialty pharmacy to help members
get their specialty prescriptions and Archimedes will be managing prior
authorization and claims processing. For the drugs covered under the program, click here. You can also read FAQs about the program.
You’ll be contacted directly if you’re eligible for the Specialty Pharmacy Program through Archimedes.