Your Location: USA mainland & Alaska
Your Location: Hawaii


Dollar Car Rental

Thrifty Car Rental


Select a Different Topic


Who is eligible for benefits?

Click here for eligibility information.

Can I cover my spouse or domestic partner?

The Affordable Care Act requires certain employers to offer affordable, minimum value medical coverage to all full-time employees.

If your spouse/domestic partner has Affordable Care Act-compliant medical coverage (also called Minimum Value Medical Coverage) available through their employer, you cannot cover him/her on the Hertz Medical Plan. Spouses/domestic partners can be covered only if they do not work for another employer that offers ACA-compliant medical coverage. (There are exceptions to this spouse/domestic partner rule if you live in Hawaii or outside of the United States. Contact a Hertz Benefits Specialist at 1-800-654-3373 and press "3" for more information.)

The company where your spouse works will be able to validate compliance with this requirement or indicate exemption from the regulation. This does not apply if both spouses work for Hertz and does not impact your ability to cover dependent children.

Can I cover my domestic partner and/or my domestic partner’s children?

Yes, click here for dependent eligibility information.

My spouse is eligible for Medicare. Can I cover him/her?

Go to for more information. Or you can contact a Hertz Benefits Specialist at 1-800-654-3373 and press "3." They're available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT), Monday through Friday.

My spouse and I are both employed by Hertz. Can we both enroll in coverage?

Both you and your spouse may enroll in Hertz benefits. You’ll need to decide whether you’ll both elect individual coverage or have one spouse cover the other, but in no case can an individual have double coverage.

My spouse and I are both employed by Hertz and we have a child(ren). How does coverage for our child(ren) work?

Only one of you may cover your child(ren) under Hertz coverage. In no case can a child(ren) be covered by both parents.