- If you are a regular full-time or part-time employee who works an average of at least 20 hours per week.
- Including your child(ren), legal stepchild(ren), adopted child(ren), or foster child(ren) up to age 26 and dependent on you (additional requirements apply for Dependent Life and AD&D coverage).
- Unmarried child(ren) of any age who are incapable of supporting themselves due to a mental or physical disability that began before age 26.
Your Legal Spouse/Domestic Partner
- To qualify for domestic partner coverage, you and your partner must meet criteria outlined in the Affidavit for Domestic Partner Benefits <link to 600-Hertz DP Affidavit.pdf attached>. This affidavit must be signed, notarized and submitted to Corporate Employee Benefits Department before domestic partner benefits will become effective. In addition, any premium contributions made by Hertz on behalf of your domestic partner are considered taxable income to you.
If Both You and Your Spouse/Domestic Partner Work for Hertz
- You may cover your spouse/domestic partner under Hertz benefits or vice versa. However, under no circumstances can anyone have double coverage.
- Either you or your spouse/domestic partner can cover your child(ren), but under no circumstances may a child(ren) be covered by both parents.
If you enroll new dependents, you may be randomly selected to provide documentation to verify eligibility after you enroll. Falsifying information can lead to cancellation of dependent coverage and disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.